Inside: Embroidered toilet paper ideas you’ll never actually want to use.
Yep, you read that title correctly…and it is not clickbait. Today we are going to talk about toilet paper embroidery, in all its cotton glory.
Not only is this a very real thing, but it’s also a very popular thing as well. At least among the gag gift circuits.
You may be wondering, does she mean embroidery done about toilet paper or embroidery done ON toilet paper. Both actually, do exist. Today though we are going to talk about the latter.
Did you know that you can embroider onto toilet paper? Yeah, I wasn’t expecting it either. But you totally can! This really opens a lot of doors for me when I want to craft but am on a budget.
The whole process is actually rather funny, but pretty cool as well. People mainly will use embroidery on toilet paper as a gag gift for white elephant parties or as a fun decoration for their bathroom.
They often come with hilarious bathroom puns that just add to this odd creation.
Some funny puns to include:
- Why does toilet paper always do well in life? Because it is on a roll.
- Why should you use good-quality toilet paper? They will make you Sparkle.
- Where does the Terminator look for their toilet paper? Aisle B, Back.
- How does toilet paper deal in difficult situations? They just roll with it.
- Which relaxing place do I like to go to after lunch? To the toilet.
- What happens when you need to use a toilet but there aren’t any around you? Urine great trouble.
- I need WiFi…What’s Your I Pee Address?
And there is plenty more where that came from. If you are in the mood to make your own toilet paper embroidery then you have come to the right place. Down below I have written a step-by-step tutorial on the process, as well as included 43 of the funniest Embroidered Toilet paper designs to give you some inspiration for your own T.P Masterpiece.
This is still such a hilarious thing to me, I just had to expand on it more. So here we are, and now I’m about to make my very own toilet paper embroidery as well. Life is funny that way! So take a look at this tutorial and then at the examples for your inspo. Make it extra fun by trying your best not to laugh when looking through them.
How to Embroider On Toilet Paper
To do this, you will probably have better luck with your embroidery machine rather than with your hands. The whole thing is a pretty simple and straightforward process but there are some key things to keep in mind to help make your project go smoothly.
Step One: Set Your Hoop
First things first, you are going to want to prepare your hoop for your design.
Step Two: Layer Your TP
In order for this to work, you are going to want a heavy ply toilet paper to work with. Then you are going to get rid of the first square. Next, you’re going to want to fold the next square over another, creating a thicker double sheet.
Pin this into your hoop.
Step Three: Embroider
Next, you input your design into your machine, and once your hoop is securely in place, you can begin embroidering like you normally would. When it’s done, carefully cut off any jump stitching that may have happened. Then you can lay the embroidered piece back into place like it never left. Voila! You have now created you’re very own Toilet Paper Embroidery.
Embroidered Toilet Paper Designs
This is a perfect gag gift for your loved ones for absolutely every occasion you can think of. Toilet Paper puns never run out…if only the real T.P worked that way.
Take a look at all of these awesome Toilet Paper Embroidery Designs to get you amped to create your own.
1. Tinkle All the Way
2. Cute Quote
3. Christmas Themed Toilet Paper
4. Emergency Roll
5. I’ll Be Here Through Thick And Thin
6. No Job Is Finished
7. Holy Crap, You’re 70!
8. Let It Go
9. No Selfies on the Toilet
11. Funny Quote
Toilet Paper Patterns
These pattern examples are some of the cutest, funniest things I’ve seen in a while. Not only are they all made on toilet paper but they mostly have puns to reflect that fact. These are also great if you wanted to practice embroidery on a budget. Just go to your bathroom, grab a roll, and voila. You have a whole much of embroidery canvas.
Who would have thought?
12. Father’s Day
13. Cute Quote
14. Wifi? What’s Your I Pee Address?
15. Easter Embroidery
16. My Retirement Papers
17. Valentines Day TP
18. Retired from All the Crap
20. Grinch Funny Roll
21. Smells Like Roses
22. Skunk You Stink
23. Bare Necessities
24. Gift Toilet
25. Hoe Hoe Hoe
26. I Poop on Company Times
27. Potty, Wipe, Wash Hands
28. Cute Quotes
29. Emergency Roll Quote
30. Your Other Gift Is Coffee
31. You’re Old
32. Can’t Trust a Fart
33. Mother’s Day Roll
Free Machine Embroidery Designs for Toilet Paper
Who said you needed to pay to get a good embroidery design? With the vast internet these days there are plenty of free options along with the ones you have to pay for. I strongly believe that crafting should be for everyone, so I love to always add some free designs to these articles for those of you who need to save a little bit but still want to get your crafting on.
Check these out…
34. Actual Toilet Paper
35. Green Beetles
36. Coffee Cup
37. Easter Eggs
39. Bee Good
40. Red Cross
42. Flower Decor
43. Dog Paw
More Embroidery Designs You’ll Love
- How To Do Brazilian Embroidery + Easy Patterns – I thought we should offset the silliness of the toilet paper embroidery with a really awesome style: Brazilian Embroidery. Brazilian embroidery is a very unique style of stitching that makes use of a 3-D form. It gives the whole thing a very topographical feel that I just love. If you are interested in learning to make Brazilian embroidery yourself then you are going to want to take a peek at this tutorial. Plus I included lots of cute patterns to get you started as well.
- 23 Sweet Pineapple Embroidery Patterns & Designs – Okay, this one may make it seem like we’re wearing back in the direction of the silly stuff again. But I assure you, it is anything but. Okay, maybe a little but the best stuff normally is. Let me introduce you to pineapple embroidery! Pineapple embroidery is some of the most out-of-the-box stuff I have ever seen. Not to mention some of the sliced ones just look so realistic. I guess it makes sense that embroidery is referred to as painting with thread! Check these out.
- 43+ Flower Embroidery Designs – Flowers are one of the most classic subjects of embroidery. They are such beautiful models for it! Plus, to make them extra cool each flower actually has its own symbolic meaning. This adds to the depth of your whole project. So take a look at this list of over 43 Flower Embroidery Designs that will leave you running to your craft room.