Inside: Bird embroidery patterns you’ll take flight with.
Birds occupy virtually every part of the world we live in. They are as much a part of our lives as the trees, the grass, heck…even the internet. And yet, the majority of people don’t really pay them any mind.
They are such intense, beautiful, and free creatures and they deserve to be appreciated. One of the best ways to do this is by adding birds to something you love doing…like embroidery!
Birds are wonderful embroidery subjects because they are so cool-looking. Plus there are so many different kinds to choose from. You could embroider a bird every day for years and you still wouldn’t be able to run out. There are over 11,000 species of birds after all.
So theoretically, you could embroider a bird every single day for about 4 years until you run out. Wild right?
Some birds are surprisingly smart too, and I am not just talking about a parrot. Crows are actually ridiculously smart. They can be taught to solve puzzles and barter for food. Who would have thought that those birds we see every day possessed such abilities? I think it is fascinating.
Did you know that each bird has its own symbolic meaning? Yep! Knowing this can help to add some depth and dimension to your work, as well as give you some things to consider while you are creating. Picking a bird that has a deep meaning that you relate to is a great Idea.
It gives you the opportunity to sit and contemplate the themes that the bird represents and how you want to start incorporating more of them into your life.
Birds and Their Symbolisms
These are only a few of the more well-known birds with their spiritual meanings. There are hundreds of others that are out there that hold symbolism as well. So if you have a specific bird in mind but don’t see it on this list then don’t worry, just give it a google and you will have your answer.
- Hummingbirds: Joy, Love, & Healing
- Crow: Adaptation, Transformation
- Blue Jay: Truth, Happiness, and Harmony
- Cardinal: Equilibrium, Mystery
- Owl: Wisdom, Insite
- Crane: Blessings, Good Fortune
- Swan: Twin Flame, Light
Alright, now that we’ve covered that we can dive into the awesome part of this article. I have compiled a list of 27 of the coolest bird designs I could find to help you get some ideas for your own project. So take a look and see which one you would like to do for your next project.
Remember, if you can’t choose just one, then write down the other ideas and save them for later!
Bird Embroidery Patterns
I decided that for the first section, I should compile a good mix of varieties to give you a sense of what kind of options you have. It’s more than you may realize. Birds really are everywhere, and there are so many.
So pick the one that fascinates you and go from there, this is a good rule of thumb for picking any sort of embroidery design.
1. Hummingbird with Sliced Oranges
2. Blue and Yellow Bird
3. Bird Mid-Flight
4. Egret Machine Pattern
5. Green Bird with a Pink Head
6. Yellow Bird in a Hoop
7. Light Green Hummingbird
8. Bird with Swirly Details
9. Orange Little Bird
10. Baby Yellow Bird
11. Blue Bird on a Cherry Blossom
Embroidery Designs of Birds
Here are a few designs that feature very common bird species. I think the most fun form of bird embroidery is when you see the bird you are creating every day. This way, you will have a newfound appreciation for it. We normally only see birds in a flash, and never close enough to really get a good look at them.
Now you can find all of the little markings and details that you end up missing on the daily basis. Awesome right?
13. Realistic Little Bird
14. Little Birdhouse
15. Bluejay in Detail
16. Hummingbird in Detail
Small Bird Embroidery
Small birds are the cutest. My personal favorite breed is the hummingbird. The way they zip around and play with their friends all day just makes me feel so happy! They are the symbol of joy, love, and healing, so how could you not like them?
Now not all of these are hummingbirds…but I kind of wanted them to be.
17. 6 Different Tiny Birds
18. Little Baby Bird
19. Hummingbird Mid-Flight
20. Mesh Embroidery Design
21. Golden Hummingbird
22. Bird on a Wreath
Easy Bird Embroidery
Who said embroidery had to be hard for it to be good? Sometimes the easiest designs are the coolest! These last ones are for those of you who aren’t in the mood for a week-long crafting session. With these, you can get most of them done in one sitting.
Sometimes it feels nice just to work on something from start to finish in one sitting.
23. Bird Silhouette
24. Machine Embroidery Ostrich
25. Tiny Red Bird
26. Little Simple Birds
27. Simple Yellow Bird
I hope you loved learning about Bird Symbolisms as well as we’re able to come across one of these designs that made your heart happy. I think that after this, you will have a newfound appreciation for the flying species. I know I sure do. Remember, if you don’t get it right on the first try, then try again.
Embroidery is a skill like any other, and you have to build it. You can’t build on it without a little error here and there.
More Ideas You’ll Love
- 37 Gorgeous Peacock Embroidery Ideas – Since we are talking about birds, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to showcase this awesome article about peacock embroidery. Peacocks are such an awesome thing to embroider because of their unique look and their vibrant colors. If you are curious to see these then click here and you will be in the right place.
- 19 Amazing Horse Embroidery Ideas – Sticking with the animal embroidery theme, next up we have amazing horse embroidery ideas! Not only are these beautiful, but they hold a sense of inner power. Horses are truly amazing creatures, and one of the best ways to celebrate them is to spend time appreciating them. It’s easy sometimes to go through life and gloss over the really cool things. So by making your own horse embroidery, you are spending time focussing on all of the awesome qualities they possess. Plus it doesn’t hurt that at the end, you get an awesome new decor piece. Check this out.
- 17+ Adorable Dog Embroidery Patterns – I’ve found that dog embroidery never misses. Regardless of if you are a dog lover or not, you can not deny such insane levels of cuteness. If you are thinking about making your own Adorable Dog Embroidery then you HAVE to check out these awesome examples.