One of my favorite elements of embroidery is the unlimited amount of subjects that can be used for designs.
It can truly be an expression of you, seeing as you can choose to create embroidery of the things in your life that bring you joy. Such as flowers, butterflies, anime…oh what’s that?
You didn’t know there were anime embroidery designs?
Well there absolutely are…
Before we go any further lets have a brief discussion of…
The History of Anime
For those of you who have never heard of it, Anime is a kind of Japanese animated show or movie. The word Anime is actually derived from the english word animated itself! Anime has been around since the 1900s, and has only risen in popularity! Millions of people around the world are fans of this style of entertainment.
Some of the most popular animes come from Studio Ghibli and Kyoto Animation. Studio Ghibli is world-renowned for their animated films, with 6 of these actually being apart of the 15 highest earning films in Japan!
The film Spirited Away, holding the title of #1. This is for good reason, it’s pure art! From storyline to the animation itself(especially the animation itself), you’ll be blown away. This movie can will make it into your top 5 favorites for sure!
The three biggest Anime Shows in the world continue to be: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. But there are THOUSANDS for you to choose from in every catergory; romance, mystery, thriller, you name it and theres an anime that resides in that genre! It’s really impressive. Of course, with anime holding such a huge portion of entertainment in the world, it has accrewed a massive following, with millions of fans around the world who appreciates this style of animation!
Why You Should Create Anime Embroidery
First of all, it’s loads of fun. Embroidery itself is actually very beneficial for you to do; It alleviates stress, lowers anxiety, and even lowers your blood pressure! Theres actually many more benefits as well but we’ll save those for another day.
Creating anime embroidery is a wonderful way for you to combine two things you may be passionate about! It’s also a great idea because anime converts so well into thread because of its animation style! If you were to try and embroider a real life movie or tv show character, it will turn out to be much more difficult than creating an anime one. The latter is beginner friendly, and we love that.
Not to mention, you get to make your own merch!
Have a specific scene or character that you like? You can put it on a hat, a sweatshirt, heck you can put basically anything that has fabric! Chances are you’ll probably save money doing it too. Your end product will be something that both makes you happy and brings you pride!
Just imagine that moment when you’re wearing one of your creations out in public and someone says, “Thats awesome! Where did you get it?” and you get to reply, “I made it!” How cool will that be.
Getting started can be hard. After all there is so many to choose from you may not know where to start! That’s why I took it upon myself to put together the perfect starter list of Anime Embroidery Designs & Patters for you to look at, as well as a list of awesome Anime hoodies to get you excited to make a creation of your own. Take a look below to get a good feel for your style and maybe gain some inspiration for your next project!
Anime Embroidery Designs
First here is good mix of some of the most popular animes out there to get you started.
Chances are you’ve seen at 1 or 2 of these, at least! If not, don’t worry! Theres even more after this to look forward to.
1. Jiji from Kiki’s Delivery Service
2. Totoro and Friends
3. Haikuyy Buddies
4. Captain Levi from Attack on Titan
6. Simple One Punch Man
7. Simple Totoro
8. Spirited Away
9. My Hero Acadamia
Anime Embroidery Patterns
These are some of the coolest patterns I could find on the internet. These are sure you get you fired up to start your project! Take a look below.
10. Demon Slayer Pattern
11. Soot Sprite Embroidery
12. Todoroki Embroidery Pattern
13. Naruto Embroidery
14. Eren Jaeger Attack on Titan
15. Spirtited Away
16. Princess Mononoke
17. Toya, My Hero Acadamia
Embroidered Anime Hoodies & Sweatshirts
And lastly, here are some of the coolest and cutest anime embroidered Hoodies and Sweatshirts! These will give you a good sense for what style you’d like to go for, and how to convey that onto the fabric. For example, you can do an up close shot of your favorite character’s eyes, or a whole scene. The choice is yours!
18. Kakashe Sensai Sweatshirt
19. Levi Ackerman Hoodie
20. Inosuke Sweatshirt
21. Naruto Style Sweatshirt
22. Appa in the Clouds
23. Attack Titan Rectangle Hoodie
24. Cool Demon Slayer Hoodie
25. One Piece Nike Hoodie
26. Naruto Embroidery
27. Pokemon Hoodie
And there you have it, 27 Anime Embroidery Ideas. I hoped you liked learning about the history of anime, and that you’ve found inspiration for your next embroidery project! Who am I kidding, you totally have. Bonus points if you watch anime while you work on it. Happy Embroidering!
More Embroidery Ideas You’ll Love
- 19 Amazing Horse Embroidery Design Ideas – Horse embroidery, in particular, is a classic embroidery subject. It’s not as popular as it has been before, but there are still people who embroider horses on their clothes or use them for various decorations. The most popular and amazing horse embroidery patterns include floral themes, Scandinavian horses, nursery and kid decor, and Western motifs. If you’re into farm animals, take care of horses, or just find them appealing, then you’ll enjoy these 19 examples of beautiful horse embroidery.
- 17+ Fun Hat Embroidery Ideas – Make the most out of your headwear by adding a fun hat embroidery design! Hat embroidery isn’t difficult, as long as you have the right materials and some free time. Choose between baseball caps or beanies. Once you get started, you’ll notice how easy it can be! Don’t be afraid to get creative with these patterns and ideas and make a one-of-a-kind embroidered hat! These patterns will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration for your next embroidery project. Head to your closet and pull out your most boring hat, grab your needle and thread(s), and let’s dive in.
- 21 DIY Bee Embroidery Patterns – There are several types of bees available for stitching. Some patterns are simple and you can finish them in a day, while some will surely need an entire weekend or even more. Our top DIY bee embroidery patterns include rainbow bees, hippie bees, the Bumblebee, and honeycomb and bees. Try any of these while adding a dash of your own creativity to make it minimalist or more complex. To get you started, we’ve come up with a list of 20 DIY bee embroidery patterns that you can start sewing today.