The beauty of flowers is undeniable. So why not add one to your next embroidery project?
With a medley of colors and types to choose from, you will never be lacking in options. They are also extremely easy to personalize, so embroidering a flower onto a piece will make for a wonderful, sentimental gift for anybody in your life!
We have compiled a list of over 20 gorgeous flower embroidery designs for all different skill levels! Whether you’re a pro at embroidery, or you just picked up your supplies today, you’ll be able to find something that appeals to you — roses, sunflowers, daisies and more! Not only do these make awesome gifts, but they can make any room bloom with beauty when used for stylish home decor.
You don’t have to wait until springtime to include these flower designs in your embroidery projects. They are incredibly beautiful all year around! Now, let’s dig in!
Why You Should Make These Flower Embroidery Designs
A flower embroidery pattern is the perfect way to introduce yourself to embroidery, and it yields a gorgeous end result. It’s also a great way to get familiar with your tools and the flow of embroidery. Once you see what you are capable of, you’ll never want to stop!
On the other hand, if you have embroidery experience, this is a way to get creative with your stitching! Take a simple floral pattern and really get fancy with it. Testing out new stitches and techniques while keeping the design fairly simple is a great way to expand your skill set and abilities.
Flower embroidery patterns are a staple in most embroidery arsenals as they are perfect for both beginners and those with a more advanced set of skills.
Adding these designs to an article of clothing, home decor, and other garments will create a beautiful pop of color and make your projects stand out.
Creative Flower Embroidery Ideas
As you read on you will see many of our favorite floral embroidery patterns. Soon enough everything you own will look like an enchanting garden – which is never a bad thing!
There are a variety of ways to get creative with your flower embroidery designs. Add some grass, a shining sun, or maybe even an adorable critter or two! Or, you can create a floral border for a cute or quirky saying.
Flower Embroidery Patterns For Beginners
- Basic Floral Pattern: A super simple stitching pattern to create a beautiful floral design! This design is great for beginners since it is straightforward and uncomplicated.
- Simple Floral Border: This is a great beginner pattern to get accustomed to using different colors and creating a border. Grab your favorite threads and try it out!
- These Beautiful Daisies: Daisies are a great flower to embroider on garments because they symbolize joy! Whether you keep this for yourself or give it to someone as a gift, it is guaranteed to cause plenty of smiles.
- Easy Tulip Design: Try your hand at blending different colors and getting creative. You may surprise yourself!
- Gorgeous Rainbow Meadow: How beautiful is this pattern? Rainbow colored flowers will brighten up any room.
- Simple, Yet Delightful: A lovely flower embroidery pattern for beginners since it is equal parts easy and cute! You can also swap out the colors of the flower petals for your favorite or make each one a different color.
- Flower Bouquet: Such a simple design that packs so much beauty. Once you get the hang of the stitching pattern, you’ll probably end up with a huge bouquet featuring a medley of colors and flower types!
Advanced Floral Embroidery Patterns
- This Incredible Border: While this pattern is for a floral border, it would also be gorgeous on its own! Add a funny saying in the middle to make it the attention grabber of whatever room you hang it up in.
- Yellow Roses: Yellow is such a happy and bright hue! These yellow roses are absolutely beautiful and would make for awesome home decor. Plus, the pop of texture adds an extra layer of dimension to the final product.
- Textured Bouquet: Adding texture to embroidery designs will not only take your creation to the next level, but it also allows you to challenge yourself with a new stitching pattern to really make it pop.
- Embroidery Floral Wreath: Why buy a wreath when you can embroider your own? This is a great way to customize a piece of home decor that flows perfectly with your style. Soon enough you’ll be able to make one for every season and holiday!
- Harvest Floral Pumpkin: This would be a lovely addition to your autumnal decor. Choose your favorite fall colors and incorporate them into this project!
- Flowers In Her Hair: Such a cool design! This would be an incredible gift for any woman in your life (or keep it for yourself, we won’t judge)!
- Vivid Floral Design: This pattern is giving off tropical vibes! Break out your most vivid threads and try this visually appealing pattern.
Stunning Flower Embroidery Designs
- Flower Letter: These floral initial letters would make for an incredible personalized gift for anyone in your life! This pattern would look great on a tote bag or any number of garments.
- Unique Floral Pattern: How cool is this design? It uses cross stitching, which makes the final product look almost like pixelated video game flowers!
- Floral Masks: Who says your mask has to be bland? You can look super stylish while staying safe when you add this pattern to your cloth masks! An easy design that will spruce up any face covering, making them a little brighter and more unique.
- Botanical Butterfly Wings: The beauty of floral designs and colors matched with the symmetry of butterfly wings — use this as a challenge or to test your symmetry skills.
- Delicate Garden: This pattern uses thin threads, making this design appear elegant and dainty. It would look absolutely lovely on a throw pillow or t-shirt pocket!
- State Flower: Another wonderfully customizable design idea! Trace the outline of whichever state you call home, then superimpose the state flower on top. This design would be a magnificent addition to your interior home decor.
- Bursting At The Seams: An easy and creative way to enhance a simple floral design! This design is a lot easier than it looks, which is great if you’re a beginner. Impress your friends and family — they will think you’re an embroidery whizz.
More Pattern Ideas You’ll Love
- 27 Sunflower Embroidery Patterns – Sunflowers are a magnificent flower that seem to radiate light and happiness through whatever garment they are on. If you enjoyed this list of floral designs, you will love this medley of different sunflower patterns! All of these ideas are incredibly beautiful and also easy to do.
- 23+ Fun Fish Embroidery Patterns – From koi fish to ocean creatures, these designs will surely be relaxing to create and even more soothing to admire once they’re finished! Throughout this list you will find fish designs that appeal to every skill level of embroidery, so don’t be intimidated if you’re a beginner!
- 35 Funny Embroidery Designs – Who would have guessed that stitching could actually leave you in stitches? From cheeky sayings to funny designs, there are plenty of ideas to choose from. Hopefully you will get inspired to make a variation that appeals to your own sense of humor! Nothing is more wholesome than laughter, so gift someone an item that will make them chuckle or create home decor that will put a smile on someone’s face. That’s reason enough to have a few of these funny designs in your embroidery repertoire.